Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Awareness

I can't seem to quite get into the full posture of Bakasana. Yet, I tried my best and managed to get somewhere close. My preparation into achieving this pose first consists of visually seeing myself doing it and imaging myself in this asana. I take deep long breaths trying to center myself and achieve a balanced and calm state of mind before I attempt this pose. When I feel ready, I slowly follow the steps leading up to the posture. The area I have trouble on is when I try to get my knees and shins into my armpits and against my triceps. I tend to get a little unbalanced and wobble a little bit. Before my feet leave the ground I try to center myself again and take a deep breath. Once my feet are off the ground and I am balancing on my hands I feel strength in the arms and wrists but still a little unsteady. I sometimes get the feeling I'm flying like a crane because most of my body is off the ground. It's very exhilarating.

No comments:

Post a Comment